EastEnders

EastEnders’ Bobby Brazier breaks silence on Amanda Abbington’s shock Strictly exit saying ‘she’s doing what she wants’

Dance partner Dianne Buswell also had her say as the BBC show released a short statement on Amanda's exit

STRICTLY Come Dancing’s Bobby Brazier has broken his silence on co-star Amanda Abbington’s shock show exit.

The TV star, 49, has quit the BBC programme after missing a week of performances with her pro partner, Giovanni Pernice, 33, for undisclosed medical reasons.

Strictly Come Dancing's Bobby Brazier has opened up on Amanda Abbington's show exit

5
Strictly Come Dancing’s Bobby Brazier has opened up on Amanda Abbington’s show exitCredit: Rex
Sherlock actress Amanda, 49, has quit the BBC show

5
Sherlock actress Amanda, 49, has quit the BBC showCredit: PA
EastEnders actor Bobby said he was happy his co-star is 'doing what she wants'

5
EastEnders actor Bobby said he was happy his co-star is ‘doing what she wants’Credit: Rex

Now EastEnders actor Bobby, 20 – who is paired with Dianne Buswell, 34, on Strictly Come Dancing’s 2023 series – has shared his views on ITV daytime show, Lorraine.

- Advertisement -

Christine Lampard, 44, who is standing in for regular presenter Lorraine Kelly, 63, noted how there is “always something every year” causing havoc on the BBC show.

She added: “Sadly it hasn’t worked out for her reasons.”

Bobby, who had formed a close friendship with the Sherlock actress, said: “I’m still going to go to hers and have dinner.

“She’s lovely but I’m glad she’s doing what she wants.”

Christine then added: “Yes of course, thats exactly what it should be.”

During the same chat, Aussie Dianne admitted: “Yeah we are going to miss her a lot in the competition.”

Amanda issued her own statement today on her departure, noticeably not mentioning pro Giovanni.

On Saturday night’s live show, host Claudia Winkleman told viewers: “Now as you may have noticed, Amanda and Giovanni are missing from the lineup. Due to medical reasons Amanda is unable to perform this week.”

Tess Daly added: “As per the rules of the competition she has been given a bye and all being well will return to the ballroom next weekend.”

Addressing the issue on It Takes Two on Monday, host Fleur East told viewers: “We’ve received the news that Amanda is not returning to Strictly.”

Reading out the official statement, she said: “Amanda Abbington is unable to continue in Strictly and has decided to withdraw from the competition.

“The show wishes her all the best for the future.”

The Sun reported last month how Amanda and her Italian dance partner Giovanni had clashed — with the actress threatening to quit over the dance pro’s “militant” attitude to training.

The Sun reported how Amanda had threatened to quit after show partner Giovanni Pernice's 'militant' attitude

5
The Sun reported how Amanda had threatened to quit after show partner Giovanni Pernice’s ‘militant’ attitudeCredit: PA
Amanda was unable to perform due to 'medical reasons' on Saturday

5
Amanda was unable to perform due to ‘medical reasons’ on SaturdayCredit: Instagram

Back to top button
error: Content is protected !!

Adblock Detected

DISABLE ADBLOCK TO VIEW THIS CONTENT!